Look, no one ever said being in a relationship is going to be easy. Or that all of your arguments are going to be completely civil and fair. Because if you had the rationale to speak calmly and say everything as respectfully as possible, you’d probably never fight in the first place.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve been together for 2 months or 10 years. You’ll always find stuff to argue about, you just get better at it. Hopefully.
1. It all starts with something that should probably not have been said or done.
Oh hell no, here we go.
2. Strap in and grab a snack buddy boy, cuz here comes the heat.
I was 100% prepared to let a bunch of shit slide, but nah.
3. And you know you’re both being petty, but it feels right to let out some steam.
*picture me flipping through a thesaurus, tho*
4. Then you make your final point and think the last word is yours, when all of a sudden…
Bet you weren’t expecting a follow-up Powerpoint presentation of why I’m right.
5. You know, maybe you both just need a little “time out.”
Me too, bruh.
6. Better use this time to reflect and call in reinforcements.
As a somewhat biased party, you know things are bad if she doesn’t take your side right away.
7. Maybe you decide that things did not need to escalate so quickly.
Ok, some of this may be on me.
8. But you’re not about to swallow your pride so soon.
Hey, you could have ignored the call. Baby steps.
9. Or you decide to be mature and extend an olive branch.
U still mad tho??
10. Either way you’re ready to make amends.
Is this awkward? I feel like we’re making this awkward.
11. Because growing together is better than growing apart.
Make pizza, not war.