A lot can happen in a decade. If you look back on 2007 choices, it’s easy to question our judgement and laugh at the technology we thought was the best of the best. But it gets significantly more interesting if the perspective is flipped. A group of Redditors were asked, “what from 2017 would make people from 2007 say WTF?” and their answers were hilariously eye-opening.
1. Then: Arnold Schwarzenegger was the Governor of California
Now: Arnold Schwarzenegger hosted a season of the The Celebrity Apprentice – 4011
2. Then: TV resolution was different
Now: “Trust me, the picture on your tv can look better.” – Watchmaker_2112
3. Then: Britney Spears shaved her head.
Now: We’ve pretty much left Britney alone. – LongGuitarSolo
4. Then: Always hide your marijuana.
Now: Weed is legal in a bunch of states – DancingZaza
5. Then: Cable = Life
6. Then: “If Everyone Cared” by Nickelback was on the 24th edition of the Now! CD series
Now: We’re only 3 CD’s away from Now That’s What I Call Music 100 – veilofmaya1234
7. Then: Fast and Furious had 3 movies out
Now: We still have Fast and Furious movies. – Horaciow14
[Editor’s note: Now 7 sequels and 2 short films]
8. Then: Only used coverup in areas there as a zit
Now: There is this whole contouring “movement” – Curlygirlgreen
9. Then: We were afraid of accidentally opening the internet on our cellphone
Now: You’ll have a single smartphone that is better than your current cell phone/computer/camera/camcorder/television/mp3 player that fits in your pocket. – giggidygoo2