The world is a mysteriously wonderful place full of shocking realities we would probably be better off not knowing, but then again what fun would that be? For instance, were you aware that Koala bears can transmit chlamydia or that 27 pounds of pressure can crush a human testicle? Of course, these facts are equally (if not more) disturbing than they are mind-blowing, but we can’t get enough of them.
If you possess a truly perverse mind like the rest of us, you’re sure to enjoy this array of utterly distasteful facts. These are not meant for the weak stomached. You’ve been warned.
1. Saltwater takes approximately 10 minutes to drown you.
2. 20% of coffee mugs contain fecal matter.
4. The human head remains conscious after decapitation.
5. Humans shed between 40 and 105 pounds of skin in their lifetime.
7. We breathe in at least a liter of farts every day.
8. A cockroach can live for 9 days without its head.
10. Twenty-two pounds of pressure will cause a testicle to explode.
11. Some tumors can grow teeth and hair.
13. There’s a medical condition known as diphallia that causes men to grow a second penis.
16. 100,000,000 micro organisms live inside your mouth.
17. About 50 billion cells die in your body every day.
19. People with Cotard’s syndrome believe themselves to be dead.
20. In any given second, more than twice as many people are born as die.