As you can imagine, living the life of a celebrity comes with quite a few perks. Not only do you have the love and admiration of millions of people across the world, most of which can recognise your face in an instant, there’s also the fact that movie stars, athletes, and other artists in the entertainment business can earn quite a bit of money.
A lot of your favourite celebrities live in massive mansions, wear the best clothes and travel in complete comfort, but sometimes, those celebs can pick up some unhelpful spending habits, which may one day lead them to financial ruin. You probably know the following celebrities; you probably know that at one point, they went broke. But did you know that they lost their money for these ridiculous reasons?
1. Nicolas Cage blew hundreds of thousands on a dinosaur skull… only to realise that it had been stolen
2. MC Hammer was at his peak in the early 90s, but over spending on personal staff to the tune of $500,000 a month left him penniless in just a few short years
3. Antoine Walker spent the first two years of his retirement buying several homes and expensive cars in Chicago, as well as racking up considerable gambling debts
4. Marvin Gaye built up an impressive fortune during his heyday in the 70s, but became so broke that he was ordered by the court to record a new album just to pay off debts to his ex-wife
5. Pamela Anderson once spent $3 million for platinum tiling at a house she wasn’t planning on living in on the way to massive debt
The post 19 Celebrities That Went Broke For Really Idiotic Reasons appeared first on Viral Thread.