Throwbacks don’t always trigger nostalgic feelings. For example, many of us remember braces as that large metal torture devise that dentists used for entertainment.
Although we tried to block out painful moments like getting our flesh ripped out of our mouth or worrying about how we kiss our crush, it never really worked. No matter how much we brushed, flossed, or used mouth wash, all of our food would never come out. We constantly tasted our own breath, cut our tongues and at one point our saliva would squirt out of the back of our mouths like a sprinkler.
Now that the braces stage is over (for most of us), we’re bringing back these moments to make you laugh, rather than cry. So get in here and enjoy some awkward memories that you’re probably now glad you did then, so you don’t have jacked up teeth now.
1. The most awkward 45 seconds of your life.
2. How your first day feels like.
3. When your braces get caught during an awkward situation.
4. When you believe your Orthodontist had no soul.
5. Knowing this dental wax is more important than any other belongings.
6. Wearing headgear that adds more support than you ever wanted.
7. When your mouth is a constant waterfall.
8. After eating too much ice cream with metal.
9. Finding out you have projectile rubber bands.
10. Having trouble not chewing on your retainer.
11. That moment you literally cry.
12. And can’t stop crying.
13. Trying to take a school picture like…
14. Having to choose a band color that semi-permanently stays on your face.
15. When you crave all of the wrong foods.
16. When you have false hope.
18. When you’re about to eat something, but you remember you didn’t take off your bands.